Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Garland

Valentine's day normally doesn't get much love in my house. My husband hates it and is really, really bad at it and so I don't really do much for it. However, now that I have a kid, I enjoy decorating for holidays because she gets so much joy out of it.

I was brainstorming, trying to come up with simple, inexpensive decor for Valentine's Day and this was my first thought.

I bought a few sheets of love/Valentine themed scrapbook paper. I already had the yarn, paper punches and glue stick on hand.


This really is an easy project...



Punch all your shapes out of the paper...



I used my thrift store tray to contain all the little pieces of paper.



I cut yarn the length of two arm spans so a little over 10 feet (I know, scientific, right?) and just sandwiched my yarn between two hearts or two circles.



A glue stick is perfect for this project because you get an almost instant bond and it really holds.



I didn't care too much about the distance between hearts. I was trying to keep it kind of imperfect :)





I hung them from my curtain rods and sort of swagged them. Good enough for me!



They add the perfect little bit of color and are sweet without being sickening.








On another note, I mentioned waaay back here that I was going to be making new curtains for my living and dining room area. I'm going to let you in on a little secret - I'm a procrastinator. Big time. Anyway, those curtains are high on my list of projects for 2011. I know a lot of bloggers posted their project lists several weeks ago but in true procrastinator fashion, I haven't. I'll do it soon, I swear. I'm thinking that posting my list will help keep me accountable for getting these projects done!

I still have two more simple Valentine projects to post for you and I promise I won't procrastinate on those!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...