Saturday, February 5, 2011

Garland Obsession...

Okay, to say I've been obsessed with garlands is maybe a bit much but it really is hard not to fall in love with something that is so easy to DIY.

I know I keep calling these Valentine's projects easy and if I keep using the word it might lose effectiveness but really, they are so.stinking.EASY!  This simple garland has got to be the easiest yet.

I started out with a package of dollar store paper heart-shaped doilies and two spools of cheap Valentine ribbon from Joann.



I threaded the ribbon through the cut-outs in the doilies and strung them each a few inches from the next (without getting scientific!).



I did use a little bit of glue stick to hold the ribbon in place on the front of the hearts. I didn't want them moving.


 There you have it! This took me about a half hour and that was just because I had a handsy helper :)



I swagged it from the half wall thingie in my entry way.  One (9 ft) spool of ribbon wasn't quite enough and two was a little too much so I ended up tying the two spools together with a little bow in the middle.







I love this project. I have been having so much fun with Valentine's this year and I still have one more project to show you. I'm already thinking about what I can do for St. Patrick's Day!

I've got a few posts planned for this coming week and then next Saturday I'm hosting a small birthday party and I'm so excited to show you what I've got cooking for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...