Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love My Lattice!

About ten months ago, we moved into our new home.  Shortly after, I was at Joann, just browsing like I love to do.  I came across a really pretty fabric in the decorator fabric clearance section and figured that since it was such a great deal, despite having no idea what I was going to do with it, it had to be mine.  I bought what was left on the bolt (just under five yards) for about $20. 

Fast forward seven months; it suddenly hits me.  DRAPES!!  I had to make new drapes for my living/dining room.  Unfortunately, I needed about 10 yards to cover my two windows.  I was on a hunt for this fabric, Googling, checking ebay and Amazon every.single.day.  I even put out a request on facebook!  After much searching I had to give up my quest.  I was very disappointed and couldn't find anything else I liked as much...until I started this blog

I was doing a Google Images search, looking for something beautiful to use as a background, when I saw it -


Lovely Lattice by Waverly in Mocha!!  In my search for this, I found so many other beautiful colors readily availible but my heart was set on Mocha.  I didn't want to get my hopes up too much because I've found this in the indoor/outdoor version and I knew that wasn't the weight I was looking for.  The description online didn't say if this was the 100% cotton version I was looking for or the polyester indoor/outdoor.  I found the customer service number on the bottom of the page and they were SO HELPFUL!  I was excited to find out it was the cotton I was looking for and placed my order right away.  Just a few days later this was delivered to my doorstep. 

I can't wait to get started on the new curtains.  I'll post before and after pics as soon as they're done and up!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...