Monday, February 21, 2011

A Simple Fix (Before & After)

I recently posted about my search for the perfect lamps for my master.  It was suggested that I find some lamps to spray paint and I thought it was such a good idea that I went with it. I had these lamps on my nightstands anyway and had been considering painting them, I just couldn't decide on a color.


I wish I had thought to take a picture of them in place before I took them out to paint but I was just so excited to get it done that it slipped my mind.  They really weren't bad to begin with (other than the ugly yellowish-cream colored shades they came with) but the dark color in my room just needed something to brighten it up.


I gave them a quick couple coats of some Krylon Metallic spray paint in Silver Foil  and replaced the icky smoke-stained looking shades for a pair of inexpensive drum shades from Target ($7.99 each!).



Now I've got a nice light, light!

On another note, I never actually had these lamps plugged in before, I really just set them there to get them out of the way from another room. I can't believe I never had them on before because they make such a huge difference in my dark room. I love them and are so thrilled with the result. So, for less than $20 (cost of shades + paint) I'm a happy little girl.

We had a busy weekend in our house. We got our guest room painted and ready for a total transformation into a combo guest room/office. I'm so excited to finally have a designated area for crafting/blogging but I think I've already mentioned that once or twice :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and I am looking forward to sharing some more projects this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...