Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pasta Night - Part Two

A while back I shared my process for making awesome marinara. Today I'll show you how I switched up the recipe a bit to make a tasty non-chunky (pretty sure I just made that up!) tomato sauce.


Here are your basic ingredients. Hunt's Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic and Oregano, an onion, garlic, olive oil, tomato paste and crushed red pepper. The only two items I've added to this recipe are sugar and a food processor.


Rough chop your onion and peel as much garlic as you like (not shown). Add to food processor.


Add red pepper to taste. In this batch I used about a half a teaspoon but it got to be a little spicy. I think a pinch to 1/8 teaspoon would probably be a little better



Add two cans of tomatoes.


Take picture of your adorable two year old helper :)



Add a drizzle of olive oil (maybe 2 tablespoons?) for richness and some sugar (maybe 1/4 cup?).


I like to add a whole can of tomato paste to really help this sauce thicken.


Run food processor until this mixture is smooth.


Transfer to a saucepan, simmer on medium-low for at least 10 minutes.


Done!


Add any noodles, some shredded parmesean and garlic toast and you've got a simple, tasty dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...