Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Home Tour


I told you here about my feeble attempts at Christmas decor after taking a long break from holiday decor of any type.  Well, I'm happy to say that my house is now fully Christmafied! Take a look at what I've done - starting with adding some beautiful silver ornaments to my tree (above). I started with just red ornaments but man, the silver really makes it shine! I picked up a package that had three of the same finishes as my red ones - satin, mirror and GLITTER! (Oh, I love my glitter ornaments!)


I've got these jelly clings for my sidelite next to my front door (yes, my neighbors really are that close). What you can't tell from the pictures is that the clings are all glittery. These were the first decorations I put up - even before Thanksgiving - and they were the first thing my daughter noticed. She stood in the entryway for a long time just staring at them, she loves them so much!


This is a vintage paper mache Santa that my mom picked up for me at a thrift shop. I've dubbed it the "creepy Santa" because it just gives me the heebies. Once again though, my daughter loves him! I've got him on the wall at the foot of my stairs to our lower level and she will sit in the stairs and have full-on two-way conversations with  him. It really freaks me out!


We don't have a chimney or fireplace so we are going to leave out this "special key" for Santa on Christmas eve. My own little elf reminds me on almost a daily basis to leave it for Santa ;)


This is the vignette I mentioned in this post that needed something else. I remembered this topiary that I got on clearance a few years ago and although this spot is still far from perfect, for this year it will do!


If you couldn't tell, the vines spell J-O-Y :)


Here is my entryway from my kitchen/living areas and the three projects I wrote about here (snowflake art), here (NOEL sign) and here (ornament wreath).




This is another view of my entry I told you about here.


I love that amaryllis garland!


I love all the red and how it makes everything tie together!


I'm so happy with all the projects I've done and how my home looks this year. I see the happiness it brings to my little girl and even my Grinchy husband has been bitten by the bug (he turns on the Christmas lights because he likes them!).

What is your favorite part of decorating for the holidays? Do you do the same thing every year or do you try to change it up? Comment away - I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...