Monday, December 13, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspired Noel

When I got the Pottery Barn Fall/Winter catalog a few months ago, I fell in love with this Noel wall art. I did not, however, love the price tag.




This was inspired by the Robert Indiana sculpture that is best known for the stamp that was issued by the USPS in 1973.

I was more inspired by the sculpture with its bold color and wanted that BIG graphic pop so I bought some 1.5 foot tall paper mache letters at Joann. (I had to wait until I had 50% off coupons - there was no way I could justify spending $10 each on them!)


I sprayed them a high-gloss red. (Cherry Red by Krylon)


Hot glued them together...

Got some help from my usual helper :)

They now live in my entry way. I love this so much and smile every time I walk past. I think I'm going to have to figure out something similar but more permanent for this spot. I love it!

This has been making the rounds in the blogosphere lately. I love seeing everyone's personal take on them!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...