Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer "Mantel"

Hello, all! Well, I've mentioned my procrastinating ways before and this time I'm regretting the procrastinating. I'm late for the Summer Mantel linky party over at The Lettered Cottage. Oh well. My loss! I still wanted to share with you what I've done for my Summer "mantel".


How simple is this? I wanted to keep things light and airy because it was such a looooong Winter. I was really beginning to feel claustrophobic being kept in the house so much!

So, because I wanted to keep things light and airy, I decided to decorate with clear glass. I've got tons of glass of all different colors (I'm kind of a glass freak. Weird?) but I really was drawn at the time to colorless and simple.


Can you tell what's different in this picture? My daughter has been using my DIY Dollar Tree hurricane as a holder for her "Belle rose". Remember that in the movie?


Here it is from a distance...

Close up. I got the two apothecary jars on a recent thrifting trip and the cheese dome from another thrifting trip. The tall candle holders are from Pier 1 many years ago.

These are the DIY Dollar Tree hurricanes that were all over the blogosphere a while back and the silver tray was another thrifting find.



The cabinet is from IKEA and my garden stools are from Craigslist...$30 for a set of two!

I've been thinking of posting to show you what I've got in that cabinet. I've got some really fantastic treasures in there I should share...

I hope everyone is having a great (short) week. I can't believe it's already Thursday! I'll be posting more tomorrow or over the weekend. I've got a lot to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...