Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Found Treasure

Well, I realize that Wednesday doesn't really classify as "early next week" but please don't hold that against me :)  Today I am going to be sharing with you a few treasures I recently found thrifting. I wish I had some finished projects to show you but it hasn't been quite nice enough to spray paint and my weekends have been too busy for any real sewing projects.


I got this pretty little compote (?) for 50 cents. I couldn't believe my luck getting it for so cheap - it is in kind of rough shape but I really think it just adds to its charm.



I was thinking it would be useful on my desk to catch paper clips or pins etc.. For now I have it in my display case/buffet in the dining area. It goes well with some cool retro green goblets I've got.



These are one of my favorite finds and a project I've got in process.



They were $3.00 each and although I'm not in love with the artwork, I do love the frames. They've gotten a fresh coat of paint and are just waiting for the right art. I think they will be going in my master.



This guy is my most recent purchase. I got him for a buck and although he's not much to look at now, I plan on giving him new life in my master. I mentioned here that I am looking for something to add to my dresser and I think he might just fit in well.



These weren't a trifting find but a gift from my in-laws. They bought them with money received as a wedding gift in 1965 and never used them because they were too nice. Well, we ended up getting married on their 42nd anniversary so my mother in-law thought they might be something we would appreciate. My husband brought them home and never showed them to me because he thought I would hate them. He couldn't be more wrong!



I love the mid-century style of these and although they won't be used daily, I do plan on putting them to good use!  I love them so much and am on the hunt for the rest of the set.

So, there you have it. Some of my more recent treasures. This weekend I am planning on sewing my new curtains for my open concept upper level. I blogged months ago about finding the perfect fabric and I am ashamed that I have put them off for so long! Well, not anymore!

What treasures have you found while rummaging or thrifting?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...