Saturday, February 4, 2012

Design Plan - Baby Boy Nursery

Hello friends! I have been having so much fun collecting ideas for my little boy's bedroom. If you follow me on Pinterest, you have probably already seen my board full of ideas. I've gone back and forth with plans and was pretty sure I wanted a navy blue wall and chevron curtains but as soon as I saw this picture, I knew it was exactly what I was going for. (For all of these pics, click the picture for the source.)




Now, I'm not going to be copying the whole room but the navy wall and green chevron curtains will both be the same.  




I ordered some swatches of a few different shades for the chevron curtains and I just can't help but love the above shade of chartreuse. The fabric has been ordered!




The instant I saw these prints on etsy, I knew exactly what direction I was heading in for this room. You may not know this about me but I'm an absolute music lover and a HUGE Beatles fan. In our house, music is on more than the television and my daughter has been able to identify the Beatles (music and pictures!) since she started talking. I'm so proud of my girl :)

Anyway, I ordered the set of four and got them almost right away. The colors in these are so vibrant and I can't wait to see them hanging up in his room!





This mobile is fantastic and I'd love to DIY this. I'm not usually big on "themes", even for a nursery, so I'm trying really hard to stay away from going overboard on the music stuff. Also, this isn't a huge room so I'm needing to be kind of choosy. I have an upholstered glider and ottoman we used in my daughter's nursery at our old house and I'll be bringing that in. We also picked up a new crib at IKEA a few weeks ago. I've still got a lot of wall space to fill and I'm still trying to figure that out (again, without getting too themey).

I think that all in all I've got a good start. Now, we just need to get that room cleared out! I'm sad to be losing my office/guest room but to be honest, I wasn't using that space anyway. Well, except for storage of all my thrifting finds. Figuring out what to do with all that will be a challenge. I'm thinking major purge and rummage sale. After all, I've got a ton of baby girl clothes to get rid of!

I'm thinking that next weekend we will get started on clearing out the room. I'll take lots of pictures of the process and be sure to share. I've also been thinking that since the boy is going to get a fantastic room, it's time for my daughter's room to be updated. I'll share some ideas for that another time!

I hope you're all having a great weekend and have something fun planned for the big game tomorrow. I'm alone this weekend and will be until shortly before kickoff so instead of making a big spread with awesome apps, I'm going to be making my favorite chicken enchiladas instead. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...