Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

A favorite meal growing up was my mom's chicken enchiladas. It was not only my favorite but a favorite of our whole family. My mom also always saved the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving to make enchiladas so I was very excited to have leftovers to make it for my family.


Tortilla shells, shredded cheddar cheese, chicken stock (or water), 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1-2 cans diced green chiles, cumin and leftover chicken (or turkey, in this case).These are the basic ingredients. I  decided to post about this after I had already started so sorry about the open cans!

In a medium saucepan combine cream of chicken soup and green chiles.

Add 1 tablespoon cumin (or to taste).

Stir in 1 cup chicken stock, broth or water; simmer on medium low (do not boil) . I usually just use a canful - why dirty another dish?

This is my leftover turkey breast. See all those great herbs? Yum! I did scrape most of it off for this recipe :(

Cube your chicken or turkey.

Fill tortilla shells with meat and cheese. I usually use about 3 cups cheese (total) in this recipe because I like things really cheesy.

Roll up your enchiladas and place them in greased baking dish.



Meanwhile, your sauce will continue cooking. This is what it should look like when it is ready. (I have no idea why this picture is orientated this way. I can't rotate it either!)

Pour your sauce over your pan of enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.


When about 15 minutes remain, cover with more shredded cheese.


Done!

Add sour cream and serve. I hope you love this - we all do. Even my two year old will eat tons of it! I'm eating leftovers right this moment and I think they're even better heated up the next day :)


Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...