Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cooking Mishaps

Have you ever had a cooking attempt turn into something more like a science project? Several months ago I tried a recipe for something (I don't remember what) but was so surprised when my concoction turned blue.


This was garlic sauteed in some olive oil, tossed with capers, lemon juice and white wine. I had NO idea but knew my husband wouldn't eat it so I threw it out.

Well, tonight I had a similar problem. I saw this on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it. This, being the first Friday in Lent and my husband being a practicing Catholic, I absolutely HAD to try it!



First, I tossed it with Angel Hair and some shredded Parmesan and it was soooo good! Good, that is, despite the blue garlic :(



See that? So, I did some googling and it turns out my garlic is immature (ha ha...me TOO!) and it's having a chemical reaction with the acid in the lemons. Who knew? At least it still tasted fantastic. It was light and lemony and so good. I'm a lemon freak and this really hit the spot. Head on over to Cinnamon Girl Recipes and check out this recipe. I'll be making this Roasted Garlic Herb Shrimp again for sure. I'll just be sure to use mature garlic next time!

On another note, I've finally picked out which shade of blue to use in the nursery and we're going to get started on clearing out and painting this weekend. I'll be sure to post lots of pics of the process!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...