Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Found Treasure...Bamboo Edition

Okay, well it isn't all bamboo but there sure is a lot of it here...that's okay though, who amongst us doesn't love faux bamboo?

Here are some of my most recent thrifting finds.


I love this pretty painting. I love it but don't plan on keeping it the way it is. I'm going to paint the frame and use it on my gallery wall. In fact, most of the paintings here are going to be used on that future gallery wall!

Here is a set of two original oil paintings. I don't know what I'm going to do with them but it was $2 for the set and I was just sort of drawn to them. I figured that for that price, they were too pretty to pass up.



Another faux bamboo frame...I'll be taking the print and the cheap plastic out of this before I paint and add it to the gallery wall.



Yet another faux-bamboo frame...this print is actually not horrible...I hate the mat but still, it's going to be swapped out for something else before it's painted and hung.




Small faux-bamboo mirror. This might be going in my bedroom. I haven't quite decided.



Ah, the lovely lady. She is so pretty. I picked her up for a girlfriend of mine that has another beautiful lady bust in a similar style. I only paid $1!

I love that hibiscus...



This is one of my favorite finds. Silver (plated, I'm sure) faux-bamboo serving trays. All that's missing is the glass inserts and those are easy to replace. I got these at an estate sale for a steal! I'm considering selling them though since I'm going to need to make room for the new baby and will be losing my office :(





These are funny...I bought them at a rummage sale because I know shells and the like are so popular and I would have felt foolish not buying them. However...I refuse to touch them. I don't know why but they just give me the heebie jeebies!





I thought this one was kind of cool...

Let me know if you know anything about any of these items. I'd love to know what I've got! What have you picked up lately? I'm mourning the loss of summer and rummage sale season. At least I still have Craigslist!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove your bamboo brass frames! I am in love with them! I am so jealous! Can't wait for your projects!

    I am one of your followers and a big fan as well! :)

    Please visit my blog! http://thechicregency.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...