Monday, October 31, 2011

Browsing TJ Maxx

Hello and happy Halloween! I was hoping to have my chairs finished and ready to show you today but I'm running into some issues with tools. I think I'm going to need to buy a special staple gun to be able to do the project right. The seats aren't on a frame like my bench. There's a channel going around the chair that the fabric needs to be stapled into and my staple gun isn't going to be able to get the staples in there. Anyhow, I do guarantee that one way or another, I'll have it done this weekend. I promise!

In the mean time, I was shopping the other day with a girlfriend of mine who has asked me to help her do her brand new house. We stopped by TJ Maxx and I came across some wonderful accessories!


This pierced canister caught my eye. About a year ago I found a pierced ginger jar at TJ Maxx that I didn't buy. I've been regretting it ever since. I didn't buy this because it isn't the shape I want but I still loved it!



How cute is this lamp? It's just filled with fuzzy little pom poms! This would be the simplest DIY for a little girl's room.



These trays were incredible. I love anything with wood. They were SO pretty and I wanted one SO bad but the small one alone was $40 and I just couldn't justify the expense.



The insides were mirrors! LOVE!!



These Foo Dogs were my favorite find of the day. They were about a foot tall, ceramic on a heavy glass base. They had both silver and gold versions and at $20 a piece, they were reasonably priced. I didn't buy any. I have a feeling I'm going to be regretting that decision but with the new baby coming, I'm trying to spend less. I don't know how good my willpower is going to be though because every time I see this picture, I think about how great this would look in my living room. I might just have to sneak back this week.

Anyhow, I really am sorry about the chairs and not having them done yet. Believe me, it's so frustrating not being able to complete a project.

I'll be back tomorrow or the next day to show you my nightstands in my bedroom I gave a quick makeover. Have a great Halloween and don't eat too much candy!

1 comment:

  1. hi hun, i was recently at Michaels Craft store and I found the exact same pierced canister as the one you found at TJ Maxx. I also fell in love with it but I still don't know what I would put in it if I decide to get it. Any ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...