Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Downstairs Bathroom - DONE!

A while back I posted about a mini-redo of my downstairs bathroom I was planning on starting and I showed you some simple DIY art. Well, I finally figured out a solution and I'm happy to report that the bathroom is basically done!



Here is a before. First, this bathroom is tiny and it was impossible for me to get a decent picture of the whole thing so when you get to the "after" pictures, think of it like a patchwork quilt :)

I love the gray on the walls and the floor is a slate (linoleum) pattern. The shower curtain was never meant to be permanent. I'm not a big fan of the color and that together with the walls just made the room feel blah.



My inspiration for the little re-do came from the Waverly shower curtain I picked up on clearance. ($8.00!!).



I did some simple DIY fabric/canvas art. Then, I was on the hunt for a new mirror. I scoured Craigslist, rummage sales and thrift stores and just couldn't come across one the right size. So...I decided to DIY. I'll post that process later :) 

Here we go:



The mirror. I love the frame - it looks finished now! The candlestick is gone. I need something else there but just don't know exactly what...I bought a new soap dispenser from Dollar Tree. Seriously, one dollar and it's a huge improvement over the plastic one the soap came in that I kept refilling! I'm thinking of maybe doing some sort of pattern on there with vinyl...



Next angle. I like that you can kind of see all the elements in this picture...a peek of the shower curtain and the art.




I told you it was a small bathroom!



The Waverly print shower curtain that started it all...




And my art, up on the wall. I love it! It was such a cheap and simple fix. My daughter loves it and it's growing on my husband :) There are a couple small other things I want to do. I'm still trying to figure out a solution for niche on the counter and I'm going to make a small sunburst mirror to probably hang above the towel bar. I've got all the supplies, I just need to get it done!

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for the niche on the counter? I will post a quick tutorial on the mirror and my process on the sunburst mirror when I get around to doing it. So far, I'm thrilled with what I've got. :)  I'll be back soon - I promise I won't have another huge lag between posts. I've been a bum :(

Linking up to:

9 comments:

  1. I love your bathroom makeover! Simple and it really makes a huge difference...loving the colors...hope you will share this makeover at my party Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DIY art is beautiful, love the yellow and so creative. You could add a little greenery if it will fit in your space. Also, if you fold your towels up so they aren't so long you could add a little something to the back of the toilet(just a thought)
    Love your little bathroom, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow and gray color scheme! I especially like the bright yellow framed mirror! I did a bright green one in my half bath. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great makeover! I just did mine this week and feel just like you! Ahhhhhh, it IS so much better!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you will stop by and visit me sometime!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! How about painting that candlestick grey and getting a flameless short candle for it and put it on the left side of the sink? Also, short grey hand towels would look great there too. And how about a very small yellow silk forsythia wreath (maybe you can find a cheap one in Michael's) to go above the towel bar? Good luck!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bathroom is already gray and I just LOVE the fabric for your DIY art! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone for the sweet comments and great ideas!

    @Erin - the fabric is from Premier Prints. I love their patterns and they're so well priced! Here is the link for this particular print
    http://premierprintsfabric.com/barcyk.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove that canvas/fabric art.. I'm going to have to try something like that someday soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...