Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pretty Placecards

You may have noticed in my Tastefully Simple post a couple weeks ago the adorable placecards/tags I used to label the food items. 


Well, some of my real life friends asked me about where I got them...answer?  I made them, of course :)

Here is what I did:




I found some of these placecards in the wedding section at the Dollar Tree.


I found this cool Martha Stewart paper punch at TJ Maxx for $3.99


The back side of the punch - here you can see that it only punches a small section at a time but you can line up the pattern on the front to make sure you get a continuous pattern.  This is why the punch is so wide.


Punch along each side (sorry about the crappy pics - it is HARD to take good pictures of something so small!)


Remove excess tags from the punched sides.


I had to cut these with two corners at an angle.  I don't know why they came out like this but I liked how it looked so it didn't really matter to me.


Tape a popsicle stick to the back


Viola!  


You can also make tent-style cards by only punching one edge.  I loved how these turned out and I plan on using this awesome punch a lot in the future.  I kind of felt like it added a special little something to the party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...